Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth the money to get a kit or is just turning your bars enough? I am looking to get around at least 1" plus, 2" would be awesome. either way will it will put extra stress on the front end quicker than stock settings? How will it ride?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Any added stress is going to wear out parts faster on these front ends, if u use them anyway. You can turn them up just dont max them, put sum 33s on it

·
Registered
3 Posts
i put a leveling kit on my truck, it is more or less a 2 inch lift, allowed me to put on 285/75/16 tires. I don't think it puts on anymore stress, i don't want to lie to you though, but the ride seems about the same but it's kinda hard to tell with the difference between the stock 245 tires, and what have on now, i know if you want to you can turn your torsion keys up and fit 265's. You just have to make sure u turn them up evenly and recheck them periodically, because they will settle on you

·
Registered
303 Posts
if youre only trying to get 1 to 2" i would just turn your stock keys up and save your money for something else just remember to get your front end aligned right after you mess with your keys

·
Registered
75 Posts
Torsion bars....

should crank up to get you what you need to level. I raised mine about 2" over a year ago. I ran the 245's for about 10k miles and have been running 285's for about another 10K miles now with no noticable wear or handling problems. :gearjamin

The ride felt stiffer initially but changing to the larger tires really improved it.

One note, you will have to adjust the left side more more since that is where it always carries the driver and fuel. If you want to be real precise, fill your tank and have someone sit in the drivers seat when you measure the heigth.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
i put a leveling kit on my truck, it is more or less a 2 inch lift, allowed me to put on 285/75/16 tires. I don't think it puts on anymore stress, i don't want to lie to you though, but the ride seems about the same but it's kinda hard to tell with the difference between the stock 245 tires, and what have on now, i know if you want to you can turn your torsion keys up and fit 265's. You just have to make sure u turn them up evenly and recheck them periodically, because they will settle on you

mine fits 265 ands they didn't mess with the bars

·
Registered
243 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts