Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
The torsion bars run from the front of your truck parellel to the frame and end on a cross brace on the from under the doors. In the cross brace there are keys that hold the torsion bars and bolts that you can adjust them. Adjusting up would be the same as tightenung a bolt. All you need is a socket and a ratchet. The only thing you have to do is count the number of turns EXACTLY or it would be uneven. Its usually easiar if you take the weight off the wheels by jacking it up. Also, get a alignment when your done. :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
just like tow master said and you need a 3/4" socket to do it..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much does that raise it? I know it's going to ride a bit rougher, but I don't really care. I'm running 35's with a six inch lift. My old ford had the same lift and same size tires and it rode rough, so I won't mind it to much. My chev rides like a car LOL

·
Registered
855 Posts
Most trucks are different but I think the running average is somewhere between 2.5 to 3in. at full crank. On my old 01' D-max I only got about 2in with the bars cranked all the way up. But I got almost 3in. on my 05'. You may look into some shock extenders for the front shocks it may smooth your ride out some.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 1/4 inches is all it took to get her level. She goes in to the shop tomorrow to make sure the front end is ok. I think I might have went a 1/2 more on the other side, will they be able to tell and make it right??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update: All done. The guy said it was not that bad. Only had to put 3 miles on it with it being out so I don't think I hurt anything. Looks much better level now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i jsut leveled out my 05 cc longbox, i turned the bolt 6 times and gained 1 3/4 inches on the front. The front is now at 40 inches to the fender, and the back is at 41. The ride may be alittle stiffer but it does not bother me at all. My question is why would i go buy the new torsion keys and shock extenders if this works for me? what is the benefit of buyin the new keys and shock extenders? will it give me mor lift?

·
Registered
855 Posts
There are a lot of different places that you can get the torsion keys and extenders, cognitomotorsports.com offers them as a kit, plus they have some other cool stuff too. To answer the second part, If you put the keys in and leave the bolts at stock you can get about 2-2.25in. If you turn the bolts all the way with keys you could probably get about 3in. The shock extenders help the shocks from over extending and puts them back in their functional range of motion, basically compensating for the increased lift. What really gives the rough ride is the upper A-arms bottoming out on their bumpstops. The shock extenders do help though. If the ride is too rough with the shock extenders you can always do replacement upper A-arms later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts