Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addition to buying tie rod sleeves/heavy duty tie rods in the future, is there anything I need to consider doing to my torsion bars/keys even leaf springs in order to help get the most out of my front end for 4wd launches?

My truck isnt lifted or anything, I believe it was leveled by the previous owner, but no sure. I am running 265/75r16s on it. So the tires are about stock (not sure what "stock" tire size is exactly)

I'm also a complete newb to anything front end/suspension related, so any advice or tips is appreciated

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just make sure you CV shafts are flat or just slightly negative. I would, at a minimum, get a centerlink brace with the sleeves for added support.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just make sure you CV shafts are flat or just slightly negative. I would, at a minimum, get a centerlink brace with the sleeves for added support.
Yeah the centerlink is on the list as well.

What is the point of clamping the leaf springs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.