Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt my front end new control arms upper and lower and now I cant get my front end to come back up do I need new keys

·
Registered
701 Posts
Probably need new bars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is that are you suppose to change bars out they dont have much play in them

·
Registered
261 Posts
Is the lower control arm keyed correct to the torsion bar? It could be in the wrong position when replacing lower control arm. The keys can't wear out.

Reactions: J83

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would agree. They can slowly sag with time but if this was a sudden change, they weren’t reinstalled with enough preload so you can’t twist them enough with the torsion bolts/keys to get your ride height back.

Reactions: J83

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put new keys in and didnt help I can get the passenger side up but not the driver side it was a sudden change I had 35 on my truck with no issue but sence the rebuild I cant get it level

·
Registered
261 Posts
As in issue after rebuild? What was rebuilt? Control Arms removed?

·
Registered
261 Posts
So the torsion bar is key to the lower control arm. It should be keyed in a way that when the suspension is fully unloaded it still had load on the bar. If this is keyed back into the control arm incorrectly, it wont have this preload anymore.

Reactions: mizterwizard

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this is off subject kinda but I'm wanting to know if it's ok to leave your stock keys on your truck witha 6in lift kit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I know this is off subject kinda but I'm wanting to know if it's ok to leave your stock keys on your truck witha 6in lift kit.

Yep. Your keys will give you that adjustability regardless of a lift or not. Different keys let you go even higher but ride will suffer, lift or no lift.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did you make sure to put the torsion bars back in their original location?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts