Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 chev classic & the tow haul mode has stopped working on it , anyone else ever had this problem or got any ideas what might be wrong ? thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
Check the owner manual and see if it has a fuse. Sorry never had any problems with my Tow / Haul

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
The problem is usually the wires where they go through the column and connect to the switch. The wires are very small and get stressed--(I think operating the tilt wheel a lot contributes to the problem) and then they break. Some have been able to re-solder them back-- or they they replaced the switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i had the same issue - was the wires in the shifter. tow haul and my manual shift both quit working. dealer said they had to replace the shifter entirely and wanted to charge me about $600 Canadian. I didnt get it fixed - I figured for that kind of money I could try it myself (but dont know how so anyone have suggestions on removing shifter?)...looks like two of us could use the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.