Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the recommended weight I should turn my tow haul on/

·
Registered
641 Posts
I use it all the time, with and without a trailer. It helps with braking, also holds the shifts a little longer, good for racing. I only turn it off when I turn the cruz control on for long drives open road. It will not hurt anything,

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Rule of thumb I use...when my tranny temp starts to rise or if my truck is getting shift happy.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I use it all the time, with and without a trailer. It helps with braking, also holds the shifts a little longer, good for racing. I only turn it off when I turn the cruz control on for long drives open road. It will not hurt anything,
Exact same with me. Keeps the temp way cooler

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anytime im hooked to a trailer, helps with the braking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just curious, if i am running the towing tune on my edge should I still use the tow haul?

·
Registered
641 Posts
The Tow/Haul is just Locking up the Torque Converter. Has nothing to do with your programmer's input.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gotcha, thanks!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The Tow/Haul is just Locking up the Torque Converter. Has nothing to do with your programmer's input.
and it has no affect on transmission power holding capability. So putting it in tow/haul isnt gonna make your trans able to run level 5 without slipping or anything like that.

You can use it whenever you want, unloaded or loaded. I like the way it drives so I basically use it all the time, bu a lot of people find it annoying when driving around empty.

JMO

ben

·
Registered
766 Posts
dumb question....
Is it okay to switch on the fly?

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts