Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help getting the running lights on my denali duramax working. My truck came with the small mirrors and I bought a set of oem lights off Facebook they work as they’re supposed to as far as power fold and turn signal but the running lights will not work. They come on when I hit the unlock button. I have taken it to the dealership because I was told that they could program them but they were unable to because my truck doesn’t have the right wiring harness for it. This is aggravating the hell out of me.

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
What year truck do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
Production date before 8/14 or after?

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
Do the lights come on and stay on for a little bit when you hit your unlock button, or do they just blink with the turn signal?

Pretty sure you’re going to have to get new wiring harness’s that run from the kick panel thru the door jamb and up into the doors. As well as a wiring harness that goes from the fuse box in the engine bay, and comes inside and runs to each side of the truck.

It’s a real ordeal, but probably what needs to happen. My truck was an early ‘15, so I had to replace my window switches too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They stay on for a little while when I hit the unlock button.

Would re-pinning the wires in the mirror do anything? I had a friend suggest that but I don't see how that would work. He said to flip the green and blue wires that go into the plug of the mirror.

Getting new wiring harnesses sounds complicated and costly. Do you think the better option would be to order a new set and hard wire them like you see on youtube? How much would these oem mirrors be worth?

·
Premium Member
8,841 Posts
I don’t think repinning them would do anything, since there was never a dedicated running light circuit in your old mirrors.

There was a document floating around in the forum somewhere that outlines what needed to be done to get everything to work, depending on your year truck, and what the original options were. I’ll try to find it. If you want to hardwire it, just find the correct wire inside the door panel harness that goes out to the mirror running light, and tap into it with a running light source.

I wouldn’t get aftermarket mirrors, quality is sub par to factory mirrors. The oem mirrors are worth anywhere from 700-900.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been trying to find a set of mirrors to order and it seems impossible to find what I want. I want them to be just like factory I just need them to have the hardwire capability. I want them to be power fold, heated, turn signal on the glass and of course I want the running lights. I am having no luck. What would you order? If you have a link to some that would be great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts