Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Look closer at your second pic. 2065lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, that would be me -- wife send me to supermarket, I call home reporting that I can't find whatever I was sent for. She sends me to correct aisle. I say I don't see it. She says look 2 inches up or 2 inches down -- OH THERE IT IS!:surprise:

·
Registered
309 Posts
So, my sticker says combined weight of passengers and cargo.... but do you need to factor in for fuel/DEF to that number or is a full tank assumed to be present? In my case if I do the math and subtract fuel and DEF I get a net payload of 2037 which is 28 pounds less than what the sticker says.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So, my sticker says combined weight of passengers and cargo.... but do you need to factor in for fuel/DEF to that number or is a full tank assumed to be present? In my case if I do the math and subtract fuel and DEF I get a net payload of 2037 which is 28 pounds less than what the sticker says.
Best thing to do is actually weigh the truck with it loaded as it would be for going camping or traveling (i.e.people, animals, fuel, def, firewood, tools, whatever. Then weigh the truck and trailer combo together with both the truck and trailer loaded for camping/traveling (clothes, groceries, grills, charcoal, etc.) You'll now have all the actual numbers of YOUR truck and YOUR trailer: individual truck axle weights and total weight of trailer. With these you can calculate your hitch weight, total weight on the truck, combined towing weight, etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Take your truck full of fuel, with hitch and all passengers to the scale. After you have that baseline, hookup to the trailer and head to the scales. If your truck weighs 8200lbs without a trailer attached and your GVWR is 10000lbs... simple math.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pin Empty 3015
shipping weight 13,300 lbs
gross 17,000

Changed my tires to 285/65/20, Weight rating of 3860ea. Added super springs and bags.
New to forum. I noticed you changed your tire size like I want to do. I have the same truck. Are our wheels rated for the increased tire pressure? Did you have metal valve stems installed? And how much did this raise your truck? Im not wanting any change other than increasing tire weight capacity. Would 275/65/20 be better? Thank anyone for the help.
2016 Chevy 2500HD Crew cab standard bed 4x4

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Click on this Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person this is a tire calculator, and start searching for a tire that might be close to what you have as far as height.
Mine was 285-70R 17 Nitto Tierra Grappler G2, I searched for a 20" Ridge Grappler that might come close to the total height.
I ended up with 295-55R 20's Ridge Grappler that was the same height as my 285's, no speedo changes needed.

Reactions: Ron Nielson

·
Registered
2014 sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab, Std Box SLT 4WD Z71
143 Posts
Great thread, giving me a headache, but great thread.
I gotta find a scale near me...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts