Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a 24' enclosed toy hauler. I am hauling it with my 02 Sierra. I am wanting to put one camera on the truck to assist with hooking up (license plate camera?) and another on the back on the trailer. Obviously, I dont want multiple screens in the truck. Does anyone have a setup like this or suggestions? Also, wired or wireless?

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I am buying a 24' enclosed toy hauler. I am hauling it with my 02 Sierra. I am wanting to put one camera on the truck to assist with hooking up (license plate camera?) and another on the back on the trailer. Obviously, I dont want multiple screens in the truck. Does anyone have a setup like this or suggestions? Also, wired or wireless?
This is for hooking up the Tongue. It is hooked into the rear camera input of my RADIO

I then used RCA cable from the Video in or Front Camera on my radio and ran them back to the Driver rear taillight. where I used one of these. Receiver in the tail light and the sender mounted by the Propane bottles. I ran RCA from the front to the rear and up the back wall in between the outside and inside wall( was lots of fun ) I fished it from out of trailer to the inside then up to the first electrical outlet and then to a running light up top. I mounted a camera just below the center light where I drilled a hole and connected the RCA. the camera and the receiver and transmitter are all wire into the Running lights for power. I run with running lights on and all is powered up. Then when I back up the tailgate camera comes on automatically and if I am parking the camper I turn the front camera on which is actual the trailer camera. I had tried the WIFI /Bluetooth cameras and they were to intermittent for my liking on 37 ft of trailer plus a CCSB truck

The pic of camera nad wifi monitor is what I bought but the monitor was CHEAP hence why I hardwired it. Ya takes longer but I have a nice clear picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts