Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my power extendable towing mirrors suck and i was curious if the newer mirrors would fit on a 2003 GMC and where to pick up a set i wnet to the local dealership and the mirrors were $700 a piece and thats crazy for mirrors so where do i look? :help
Tom

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
IIRC, the newer ones do fit. (had a friend with an 03 that got the new style 06 mirrors and installed them) e-bay for them or try to trade someone with yours....I know there are quite a few people that actually like the power extending ones.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
yes the 06 camper style will work on any gm truck 2001 and newer..i bought a set off of ebay for $450 shipped..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys i found that the motors are the reason for the mirrors not extending so would it be worth buying the motors or new mirrors and off topic how many gallons of oil does the LB7 hold cuz i was gonna change my oil today and have no idea?
Tom

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I don't know how hard it would be to change the motors on the mirrors, or how much they would cost. As far as how much oil the truck holds...10 quarts or 2.5 gallons.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
buy the new style camper mirrors and forget the 03 thru 05 power extending mirrors seeing they will always cause trouble and with the new style mirrors they will bolt right in place and then you need to take the door panel off to connect a wire and your set...

·
Registered
262 Posts
i would go with the new camper mirrors they are great and teh blindspot mirror is big enough unlike some other companys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.