Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an enclosed trailer today for my race car and I'm having a hard time seeing with the mirrors on my truck. there just the basic mirrors, could I switch to the camper mirrors or will i run into problems with not enough wires?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Yes you can, do a search here on site and there is links to sites that sell mirrors for our trucks, from basic to full on power, heated mirrors

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Tow mirrors are awesome! And they add a good look to the rig

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the only thing power in them now it I can adjust the angle of the mirrors. How would the turn signals work?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
idk about the turn signals...
and if you have a GMC look up chevy instead they will fit

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if I don't already have turn signals there is no way to make them work? Should I buy the mirrors with out the signals? I would like to have them for towing.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
i dont know? u might have to go get it reflashed for the turn signals to work

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but the modular plugs should be the same? so I could buy them now and get it reflashed later?

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
from the way mine were..they look to be the same..should be the same on yours not sure tho

·
Registered
25 Posts
On my last truck I just bought some mirror extenders, I just put them on when I was going to tow. They just slide onto the mirror and you turn a handle to make them tight. They worked well, I had my standard mirror then an extended mirror to see past the trailer. I think they were something like $40 at the local RV store.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a set from discountautomirrors.com and put them on today. Fitment is great and I opted for turn signals and the worked. I couldn't be happier, thanks all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a set from discountautomirrors.com and put them on today. Fitment is great and I opted for turn signals and the worked. I couldn't be happier, thanks all.

are they the ones that extend out and do you use the stock switch to make them extend out?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No these are non motorized mirrors, to my knowledge they don't make motorized ones anymore. These do extend out you just have to pull them yourself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So, just to be sure, you had the small non-signal mirrors, bought the signal mirrors from Discountmirrors, and they hooked up and work?

Thanks.

SOLER

·
Registered
18 Posts
Install Difficulty 1-10

On a scale of 1-10, how was the install? My main concern is finding all the nuts and screws to remove the door panel. Thanks.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
On a scale of 1-10, how was the install? My main concern is finding all the nuts and screws to remove the door panel. Thanks.
negative 2.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts