Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the differance between a reg truck and one with the towing package?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
There is probably guys who can get more technical than me...but in a nutshell...a Reg. truck you can attach a tow ball on your bumper and tow a small boat or trailer full of mulch. And with the tow package...there is a piece that connects to your frame and it allows you to tow larger objects such a campers, horse trailers, etc....

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the towing pac comes with a hitch and all the trailer wiring done and you can also get the 5th wheel or gooseneck pac witch has the bed hitch put in with a trailer hookup in the bed..like it is stated above a little better then the reg but not a whole lot of difference between the 2..

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
The tow package is pretty good but the factory hitch isn't that good. Dad has tore up 2 hitches on his dmaxes.

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I don't think mirrors are included in a towing package...but there are different mirrors. I have what they call Camper mirrors....I have the regular mirror...and then right below it I have a smaller mirror that is less magnified to show a wider area. And I can extend them outward about 4 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts