Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

7301 - 7320 of 7585 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Here you go. The day we bought the Starcraft. So far only short trip. Can’t wait for more.
That’s a good looking rig. If I may make a suggestion here- camper looks aft heavy. May be just the pic but that could stress the rear tires and cause them to heat excessively.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Sierraluva. Yes, it does ride high in the front. I went from stock 17’s to 20’s and had to do front leveler for tire clearance. Then when I put a load on the truck it had a terrible sag so I installed ride-rite airbags in rear. I have thought of going back to stock but really like the way the truck looks. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Thanks Sierraluva. Yes, it does ride high in the front. I went from stock 17’s to 20’s and had to do front leveler for tire clearance. Then when I put a load on the truck it had a terrible sag so I installed ride-rite airbags in rear. I have thought of going back to stock but really like the way the truck looks. Any suggestions?
Flip the axles on the trailer.

·
Registered
21 Posts

In the pic you seem to have plenty of bed rail clearance. Not sure which king pin you have, but maybe raise that or lower the hitch head, if adjustable, to lower that connection point some?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Nice set up. What model is the Star Craft?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just picked up this thing yesterday. Had the Arctic Wolf, but didn't care for it.
May have to get some air bags now, I have about 3+ inches drop in the rear when hooked up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
What EGTs do you see while pulling that monster?
Depends on the winds and speed really but trucks regeared and the twins help. No more then my previous truck with an enclosed. Hit 2k here and there if I put my foot into it.

·
Registered
271 Posts

Just traded in my 14’s tundra yesterday for 2018 2500HD Denali. Miss my tundra but I Love Denali! Pull like nothing is behind me!

There are more guys doing that than I thought! I traded my 08 crewmax on a 08 Duramax and most recently a 16 Denali Duramax. I've been a part of the duramax forum for a few years now and I've seen lots of guys make the same switch.

Sent from my Note 8

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
On the way to see Yogi and BooBoo.
Don’t forget your pic-a-nic basket!

I have 24x14 on nitto 420s.. 305x35r24 how do you all think it will tow lol
Probably not very well... aren’t those 420s a low load tire?

Just traded in my 14’s tundra yesterday for 2018 2500HD Denali. Miss my tundra but I Love Denali! Pull like nothing is behind me!

Welcome to the REAL truck club! ;)

7301 - 7320 of 7585 Posts