Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
7741 - 7760 of 7793 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Loaded up Black Betty and took her to get some transmission upgrades and replace the rear main seal while the transmission is out.

Reactions: ChevyDMax89

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Loaded up last Saturday and headed out to Green lake Wi. just got back an hour ago. The conversion was worth every penny spent. The truck pulled like a dream.

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,879 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I really really dig the short bed look. It is clean.
Thanks, I am itching to finish but the weather has not cooperated. I need to fine tune the Driver side, figure out the fuel filler neck, Blue tape the entire sides then reinstall and start laying glass in the seam. Then pull them back off pull the blue tape from the body and reinstall, then start the finish sanding and paint. I just wanted to drop it off to a body guy and say here finish it but they are either out of there mind for price, booked or unreliable. SOO I will do what I can

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thanks, I am itching to finish but the weather has not cooperated. I need to fine tune the Driver side, figure out the fuel filler neck, Blue tape the entire sides then reinstall and start laying glass in the seam. Then pull them back off pull the blue tape from the body and reinstall, then start the finish sanding and paint. I just wanted to drop it off to a body guy and say here finish it but they are either out of there mind for price, booked or unreliable. SOO I will do what I can
Keep up the good work. A firefighter/ fabricator i follow on Instagram shortened a shortbed LBZ. Just cropped the back a little about 8" and its black. It looks bitchen...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Had a pretty good load on the Dmax this weekend! I knew it was heavy, but I never thought it would have outweighed my loaded 48’ enclosed lol. 11,740lbs on the truck, 18,740 on the trailer axles, just over 30k combined. Got within like a thousand pounds of what the truck is rated for lol!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The Deere 333skids we run all weigh about that, I imagine the added hydraulic box and the lbs of the shredded put ya up a ways on weight.

How did it pull otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
901 Posts
My skid steer I could haul in the box of my truck if I had a good ramp. Terex PT 30 think it weighs about 3300.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Deere 333skids we run all weigh about that, I imagine the added hydraulic box and the lbs of the shredded put ya up a ways on weight.

How did it pull otherwise?

it was different, I’m used to the truck rolling as soon as you let off the brakes. It was heavy enough, had to actually give it quite a bit of throttle to get it moving. Trailer has excellent brakes, so stopping wasn’t as big of a deal as I expected. Truck didn’t squat as bad as I expected, the skid steer really could have come a little further forward, I had another 1200lbs I could have put on the truck. There are a couple of pretty good hills between Fairbanks and Delta Junction, it was down to 4th gear and about 50mph by the top, but mine is turned up pretty hot, can’t use the full power pulling that heavy.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Being new to the l5p. I’m not sure what all more power adder options are, I can’t delete where I currently live.

The LBZ pulls great bits doesn’t much handle the suspension part or the braking part real well.

She wasn’t happy pullin the 60g with the other scraper bucket lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Had an appointment to get windshield and back window installed yesterday on my 72', dropped it off, they called me halfway back home and said they ordered a small back window. They called a few minutes later and said the windshield had a scratch in it. Wasted a couple hours, unloaded and loaded skid steer to go work on our new property.

Attachments

Reactions: dsmspick
7741 - 7760 of 7793 Posts