Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
7761 - 7780 of 7789 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
My new (to me) camper.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
When we bought the camper, we knew that it needed a new bedroom AC and one of the windows needed to be replaced. But, I got a hell of a deal on the camper so I am still ahead.

Waiting for the repairs to be completed before we start planning anything. Right now, nothing on the radar.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
When we bought the camper, we knew that it needed a new bedroom AC and one of the windows needed to be replaced. But, I got a hell of a deal on the camper so I am still ahead.

Waiting for the repairs to be completed before we start planning anything. Right now, nothing on the radar.
Sounds good. If (by some failure of navigation...) you find yourself in the northeast let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts
Sounds good. If (by some failure of navigation...) you find yourself in the northeast let me know.
You can count on it. Would really like to sit down and have a couple of adult beverages with you. We could bore the hell out of a lot of people talking about truck wheels and "legal" camper weights. :whistle:
That thing is huge! Looks good! What's your wheel setup if you don't mine me asking? {QUOTE]
Thanks Bro. The truck wheels are 19.5 Alcoas with Michelin XZEs. I believe that @jdwarren and I are some of the very few on the board that are running 19.5s. The camper has tandem duals as well. To my knowledge, Newmar is the only manufacturer that ever made them that way.

[/QUOTE]
I’ve always loved those 5ers with the dually tandem axles. That thing must weigh a ton!
The advertised dry weight is 16k. As we have not yet loaded with our stuff for camping, I don't really know what the weight is as I have not yet made it to the CAT scales but I suspect that once we get it loaded, it will go somewhere beyond 17k. Will take it to a CAT scale to make sure that I understand all of the weights and weight distro for the rig.

I think that one of the reasons that it is so heavy is that there is NO pressed board in the camper anywhere (hence one of the reasons that we purchased it) and all of the wood inside is solid oak. And, oak is some heavy stuff.

I never knew how cheaply built my Keystone Raptor was until I walked in this one.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
And that press board (mdf) isn’t light either! Would love to see interior pics once you get the repairs done.

Reactions: 77cruiser

·
Premium Member
3,319 Posts

·
Registered
2019 3500 SRW
148 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow. That’s quite the train… and a good looking truck. One thing I miss from old HT is the option to tow even though I never did. My Eagle just has an accessory hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your Eagle is still rated to tow just like the HTs. As a matter of fact, my HT is actually on a full Eagle frame and is 37'7" long. The only reason Jayco does not put the flat 4 wiring and advertise towing on the larger campers is because of length restrictions in different states. I am actually too long with this setup for Michigan. I wasn't going far.

-Eli

7761 - 7780 of 7789 Posts