Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
7781 - 7793 of 7793 Posts

·
Registered
2019 3500 SRW
154 Posts
Nice setup. That’s some amazing mileage. I’ve never seen over 11.5 with my L5P and FW towing about 68-70 mph. That 11.5 may have been a tailwind or no wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
901 Posts
I was getting 6-7 on 94 in ND 25mph wind.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT
13 Posts
How did the old LBZ (I think that's an 06-07) do through the mountains?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It was fantastic, you’re correct, 07 LBZ and it’s a 31’ trailer with a GVRW of 10,500lbs. I towed from Vancouver to Calgary over an 11 hour day and I’ve never pulled with a nicer, smoother vehicle!

·
Premium Member
2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD
30 Posts
Yup that’s me. And I bought the truck specifically as a tow rig for my fifth wheel and my jeep. After having my 99 F50 totaled by someone that ran a red light, I just couldn’t justify buying another 20 year old vehicle and trying to get it running like my previous one was so I bit the bullet and bought a 2019 3500HD. The differences in technology and efficiency of the new trucks it’s just absolutely amazing!

·
Registered
14 Posts
First tow is this weekend. Excited to say the least. Will post back my full thoughts after the weekend. In the mean time here are some weights from my CAT scale. 1. First ticket is with stock truck, no fuel in transfer flow, half tank of fuel in truck, trailer full of water (150 gallons ahead of axles)
2. 2nd ticket is with modified truck, transferflow is full (66ish gallons), truck is full of fuel, kiddos only truck with me, trailer loaded up for the weekend (water, fuel, rzr, atvs, food, etc).
Pretty happy to be under my axle weights. Just pulling the trailer to and from the CAT scale I can say that I LOVE this truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
First tow is this weekend. Excited to say the least. Will post back my full thoughts after the weekend. In the mean time here are some weights from my CAT scale. 1. First ticket is with stock truck, no fuel in transfer flow, half tank of fuel in truck, trailer full of water (150 gallons ahead of axles)
2. 2nd ticket is with modified truck, transferflow is full (66ish gallons), truck is full of fuel, kiddos only truck with me, trailer loaded up for the weekend (water, fuel, rzr, atvs, food, etc).
Pretty happy to be under my axle weights. Just pulling the trailer to and from the CAT scale I can say that I LOVE this truck.
That’s pretty cool! You’re right there with your numbers when you compare it to your stickers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That’s pretty cool! You’re right there with your numbers when you compare it to your stickers.
yeah, Its just barely there. But thats good enough for me!

After towing with the truck i am pretty impressed. Fuel mileage was a little lower than i expected. Ive driven cummins trucks for the past 7 years and was expecting this with the 10 speed to be a bit better but id say they were equal. I also expected the power to be MUCH better than my last cummins (2020) considering how much quicker the truck is around town. I'd say this was about the same as well, this isnt me saying it doesnt have enough power just figured by how "quick" the truck was it would be equally better towing up the mountains. Where this truck shines though is in its ride quality towing, its smooth shifting transmission and just over all comfort.

Downsides: Exhaust brake is terrible. I don't feel unsafe stopping with my duramax, was never worried. I tested the truck on multiple down grades (7%) with cruise control on, off, exhaust brake on, off, etc. It seems like chevy has a different idea on what the exhaust brake should do. The cummins when you set it to tow/haul and have the exhaust brake on "full" feels like it could slow the earths rotation. As soon as you let off the gas the exhaust brake should be fully engaged in my opinion. I don't know why Chevy doesnt have it set up like that.

Other then that i couldnt be happier with this truck. This is by far my favorite truck ive ever purchased! That about sums it up!

7781 - 7793 of 7793 Posts