Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 03 2500 dodge and needs the best tires for towing. What brand and style would u guys suggest? Forgive me and him for the dodge question

·
Registered
576 Posts
Don't know much about tires but I use BFG AT's and get great mileage towing my trailer.. would assume you want a hard tire and I think the BFG's are on the hard side

·
Registered
676 Posts
Bridgestone Duravis is what I have on mine and they are a very good, commercial grade tire. Great in every way not great on Ice. Just a thought!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
695 Posts
firestone transforce good allaround tire imo

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
I have the dura grapplers on my truck and I love them so far. I don't have many miles on them so I cant tell you much about them.

In the past I have run toyo M-55's and they are the best I have found but you are going to pay for them. They are a commercial grade tire.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I bought a set of General Grabber HTS primarily for towing after reading all the consumer reviews. Couldn't be happier, great traction, extremely quiet, and very comfortable ride for load E's. They also come with a 45 day customer satisfaction trial and 45k mile treadlife warranty...can't go wrong at $120 per tire !! :drink

·
Registered
138 Posts
Try Kuhmo Mud terrain's. I know they have one of the highest weight ratings of larger tires. 37"x 20"x 13.5" are rated at 3860lbs each and ride nice and quiet!

·
Registered
554 Posts
any E rated tire and you'll be fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts