Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Toyo Mt/ tires

5K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  skydalmt 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just wanted to get a few answers from you guys who have or had toyo Mt's on there truck If they are noisy at all?? I have a 06 D-max and just put a leveling kit (Duck Head) on this past week and want to get some 18' XD wheels along with some toyo mt's and the guys at Belle Tire are saying they are NOISY for a every day driver!! I do use my truck every day for work, but I just want to ditch the stocki 16' Chevy aluminum wheels and 265/75 r16 for some bigger wheels and meats!! Give me some feed back If you guys think the toyo mt's are not a good choice!! Thanks, mike!!:thumbsup

#7 ·
I am on my second set of 35 toyo m/t's and love them..quiet and they ride nice. They are alittle pricey...but i got over 50k on my first set and i tow alot and drive the logging road alot doing hunting season...so in my mind well worth the extra money

#9 ·
Just put some 35's on my truck and am very happy so far. A buddy of mine with a lifted F-250 has 37's with close to 70k miles on em so i guess wear good. Not too noisy and pretty smooth riding on the road.

#10 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys,I just put a Duck Head leveling kit on my truck last weel and I have my eyes on a set XD wheels In matte black, I'm thinking of going to 18' wheels and the guy at Belle Tire reccomends LT2757018 In the Toyo's, does this sound like a good wheel/tire combo?? My 06 Chevy D-max has the stock suspension!! Thanks, Mike!!:eek:

#11 ·
mud terrain tires will sound like m/t tires.... they're all noisey, so if you dont like noisey tires dont get them, but they are some the least noisey m/t hides i've had

#12 ·
I have 11k on mine and they have been great. Noise not a big deal at all.

#14 ·
I've had Toyo M/T that were sipped, for a year. Very happy, they run quiet for a M/T. I would recommend getting them sipped.
For those who don't know, Sipping puts extra tiny cuts in the thread. For extra traction in ice, snow & rain. Thread seems to run cooler & wear better.

#15 ·
I would hate to have to "sipp" tires i just spent over a grand on. My duratracs came "presipped" and predrilled for running studs on the ice!!!:rockin

#18 · (Edited)
I really like mine, but if you want no road noise got with an A/T. Saying that, they are quiet for a M/T. I got mine off of ebay. 33x12.50 mounted on 18 inch XD Addicts, brand new, mounted, balanced, with a set of lug nuts and shipped for just a little more than the tire shops wanted for the tires alone.

#19 · (Edited)
I got 37x13.50 Toyo's M/T on my truck. Good all around tire, most of my driving is freeway driving so probably wasn't the best selection, I might get 40,000miles on them. I got 35K on them now and once they start to go they go in a HURRY. As far as noise they aren't that bad. I can really hear them when I get around 65mph, even with the windows rolled up. But it isn't over the top annoying loud. The two major downfalls I've experienced with the Toyo's are 1. Price....I was violated for $419 per tire from Les Schwab and that was the cheapest I could get them for where I live. 2. terrible MPG, but it was to be expected with any tire that big.

oh and finally they preform like crap on ice and mud. on the ice they just slide and in the mud they turn into big shovels digging your truck deeper and deeper and deeper :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.