Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM going to be buying tires within the next 2 days. ive narrowed it down to either the 37x13.50 toyo MTs or the 37x12.50 Hankook dynapro MTs...both are around the same price. the toyos are like $15 more a tire. no big deal. which would you prefer? im never going to take my truck in the mud so off road capabilities dont really matter here. im sick of my mud grapplers, they are almost bald and loud as piss.

and one more thing...i currently have green keys that are cranked up a bit and a add a leaf in the rear along with my 35s. in the next week i'll be installing a 6 inch ZONE lift, keeping my keys and add a leafs..do you think i should be able to clear 37s with this set up? i never noticed a power difference between my stock 285s and when i put these 35s on..am i going to experience a huge power loss with 37s?? i just dont want to regret going 37s and not sticking with 35s...thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
i just got dynapros about a month ago and i love them so far. they are very quiet and seem to handle great. i have had the toyo mt's as well. they are both good tires. personally i would say the toyos would look better in a 37 than the hankook, they have more of an aggressive look to them.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im leaning more towards the toyos. how about the pro comp extreme mud terrains? anyone running those?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the hankooks on my last truck, they looked great but did not wear well at all. I had one of the sidebiters get ripped off and constantly having to have them rebalanced,
all I'm saying is if you buy them get the replacement warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Both are good tire choices, and I have owned both. I found the Toyo's to get the best mileage, but started to howl around 6k miles. The Hankooks were a bit quieter. JMO

·
Registered
772 Posts
I wish I had gotten toyos. I've heard there really great tires!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think im gonna go with the toyos..the cheapest i can find them for is 1600 shipped. anyone know cheaper? i need them in a 37x13.50 R18

·
Registered
190 Posts
look for dunlop fierce attitudes they are about as agressive as you can get and the cheapest i had a friend get 50000 out of a set and toyos = overpriced junk imo

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
toyos get my vote just for the plain fact that a 13.5 will look better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Hankook rf10's on my truck. They have almost 60k on them and still have good tread on them. 305/55 20's. They replaced a set of pro comp a/t's that were gone at 20k.

As for the balancing problem. Do a static balance and use balance beads. 60k and doesnt vibrate at 120mph.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
117 Posts
I never ran the Toyo's but i did run the Hankooks for one yr. They were great for traction but because of that they did not wear well. Once wore down and got choppy they got real noisy too, even after 6k rotations.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I got several les schwaubs around me. I just went from one to the other till I found one willing to work with me. Let em know your shoppin other schwaub stores, they will work with ya. some are hungrier than others. oh and for the OP toyos are the way to go.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I got 35x12.5-20 Toyo M/T's right now at 50% tread...they ride great and wear even better. 80mph is smooth as can be. They sing a little but nothing to stop you from getting them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts