Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to add this to an existing post but thought it might be better as a stand alone item. I ordered four tire pressure sensors for my travel trailer tires a little over a week ago and they were delivered yesterday. I took the tires off of the trailer, two and a time, and had the sensors installed at a local tire shop. Once all were installed, I hooked up the truck to the trailer pigtail and went through the learning process for the sensors. Everything went smoothly, the truck recognized each sensor location and couldn't have been much easier. I'm hoping that state parks and campgrounds will be opening here in Ohio by June 1st. or so. I'd really rather not miss this camping season because of Covid-19. We'll see how it goes!

For those that wonder about the utility of trailer tire monitoring, I had a trailer tire blow out in Iowa two years ago and did not know about it until another motorist pulled along side me and pointed back to the trailer. I pulled over and discovered the problem. There was some damage to the wheel well liner and a pretty good dent in the trailer siding from the blowout. There was a pretty wide berm but it was nerve wracking changing a driver side tire along an interstate highway. I probably could have avoided the blowout if I'd had a way to monitor the trailer tire pressures. I'm really a big fan of this truck and being able to monitor the trailer tires while towing is game changer. The peace of mind is worth a lot.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
x2 on the added feeling of security a TPMS adds when towing a large TT or 5er. I have an EeZ TPMS which has sensors which attach to the steel valve stems. It works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took delivery of my 3.0 LTZ and got the TPM's as well. Thanks for the new thread to follow. I'll update my experience once I get them installed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts