Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the TPMS sensors on my trailer for all 6 wheels and I can monitor the pressure and temperature of each tire.
The only problem is that my tires are inflated to 110 PSI and the max on the system is 100 PSI.
I can live with that but it would be great to find a way to increase the maximum in the system. I haven't called GM yet but maybe they have a solution.
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I installed the TPMS sensors on my trailer for all 6 wheels and I can monitor the pressure and temperature of each tire.
The only problem is that my tires are inflated to 110 PSI and the max on the system is 100 PSI.
I can live with that but it would be great to find a way to increase the maximum in the system. I haven't called GM yet but maybe they have a solution.
Any ideas ?
Same here, don't worry about it.
Just watch the temp, thats what really matters and temp will go up if low pressure is present.

·
Registered
2020 GMC 2500HD AT4
2 Posts
Any ideas ?
I have the same problem, it would be nice to have GMC update their system with new software to allow greater than 100 psi as the maximum pressure. I was told by Dill and Autel that it was a hardware limitation of the sensor (set at around 102 psi by the manufacturers) that was partially to blame. I have G-rated 110 psi tires with .625 valve stem holes in the wheels. I had to have the GMC sensors banded and clamped on the inside of the wheels and I am having all kinds of problems getting my truck to recognize and save the sensor information during programming. I read somewhere that if the sensor information is not being saved I need to delete the trailer and start over.
Does anyone have any better information or aftermarket sensors that would work?

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
There is not a GM sensor made for over 102 psi, because GM doesn’t build a truck with anything higher than load range E tires, with tire pressure monitoring. Therefore, that is all that is available to install in your trailer tires.

No aftermarket sensors that I am aware of that are compatible with the GM system either.

·
Registered
2020 GMC 2500HD AT4
2 Posts
There is not a GM sensor made for over 102 psi, because GM doesn’t build a truck with anything higher than load range E tires, with tire pressure monitoring. Therefore, that is all that is available to install in your trailer tires.

No aftermarket sensors that I am aware of that are compatible with the GM system either.
Thank you for confirming that! I'm hoping GMC or an aftermarket manufacturer will see the potential and make it happen.

·
Banned
12 Posts
I bought EEZ TPMS to monitor the 4 tires on my 5th wheel and the 2 front tires on my truck. Initially, I was losing signal from the trailer tires while towing (5th wheel is approx. 40′). Called tech support and they arranged to send me a repeater unit for 30 days (i think) to see if that would solve the issue and it did! Called them back and had them charge my credit card. Easy people to deal with.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Thank you for confirming that! I'm hoping GMC or an aftermarket manufacturer will see the potential and make it happen.
Can almost 100% guarantee GM will not. Why would GM spend the money to do that with so few users and who knows what the future will bring. Do not hold your breath for GM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts