Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just lost a sensor this week and am researching the sensor part number so I can order 4 new sensors. (Being a 2011 truck, I'm at the end of the 10 year projected battery life.) I've gone to ACDelco.com because I want OEM replacements. Using my VIN to search for the part number, I see at least 3 part numbers. As well, when I scroll down I find sensors under "ACDELCO Professional". Can anyone help me with a part number that will work on my truck?

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,101 Posts
Just lost a sensor this week and am researching the sensor part number so I can order 4 new sensors. (Being a 2011 truck, I'm at the end of the 10 year projected battery life.) I've gone to ACDelco.com because I want OEM replacements. Using my VIN to search for the part number, I see at least 3 part numbers. As well, when I scroll down I find sensors under "ACDELCO Professional". Can anyone help me with a part number that will work on my truck?
Wanted to share a bit of information in an effort to help in your searching. (Apologize in advance for the information dump, just want to be thorough, hopefully you find it helpful)

There is not really any consistency in verbiage for TPMS sensors, you may come across several sensors being labels as OE(Original Equipment) or OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) however there are several sensors out there that will work for your application, ACdelco being one of them.

For example Schrader OE part#13581558 is an original GM sensor that was equipped in the Silverado's from 2010-2014. Also Dill makes part #9153 that is considered an OEM sensor. Actually if you are on the ACdelco site, the first 2 numbers listed are actually a Schrader part(13598771/13598773) both of which should work for your application based on their(ACdelco's) vehicle table.

Secondly is Programmable or Multi application sensors. This is a programmable sensor that will work for many different applications however requires a special programming tool that tells the sensor what protocol it needs to broadcast in, in order to function properly for the vehicle its being installed in. The ACdelco professional series looks like they are programmable. The benefit of these sensors (for a shop) is they can carry 1 or 2 different sensors in stock that will work for 95% of the vehicles they will see. If you are personally ordering though I would verify with the shop that is going to be installing them, that they have a programming tool capable of programming sensors. Once the sensors are programmed properly, they will function like an OE sensor and work fine for the vehicle.

Finally, if you are able to track down Schrader part number#13581558. This is the sensor that would be considered "OEM" as Schrader is the parent company who makes the sensors for GM products. However, any of the other options would function the same, even the programmable ones once they are set up properly. As long as the sensor itself is compatible with the vehicle, you should not have any issues.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts