Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to have my truck lifted. The installer is going to have the TPMS sensors moved over from my stock 20s to my new BMF 20s. I wont be running stock pressure on my 35s (75 PSI!). So this will cause the TPMS light to go on, is there any fix for this? Can the computer be reset for pressure that is correct and appropriate for my new tires? I was running 40 PSI in my last Toyo Open County MTs this size and they wore perfect, towed great and rode smooth. Also, do oversized tires effect traction control/stabilitrack? I guessing those systems are not calibrated for this difference in tire size.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Cant be turned off but they can be set to a lower pressure. I had a buddy do mine with a TechII reader. Mine were set at 80:cookoo[1]: Lots of guys dont even mess with putting them in but that light and message on the DIC is as annoying as hell.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I dealt with the light in the dash for a few months after I put my 35s on, I had the dealer change the low pressure setpoint to 35 or 40 psi, can't remember now.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dealt with the light in the dash for a few months after I put my 35s on, I had the dealer change the low pressure setpoint to 35 or 40 psi, can't remember now.
Awesome, I am going to see if the dealer can adjust mine. I dont want that light to always be on and the warning messages. It gets annoying everytime you start the truck.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
They should change it for you, my dealer had no problem doing it. The light definitely gets annoying...

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
I didnt transfer my "TPMS sensors" from my PY2 wheels to my PY0 wheels.
My dealer didnt want to bother changing the psi #s.
Besides I never had luck with them working correctly.
The light being on doesnt really bother me. What really annoys me is the message on the DIC.
Got to clear it everytime I start the truck. :rolleyes:
To bad you cant turn it off completely. :(

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I didnt transfer my "TPMS sensors" from my PY2 wheels to my PY0 wheels.
My dealer didnt want to bother changing the psi #s.
Besides I never had luck with them working correctly.
The light being on doesnt really bother me. What really annoys me is the message on the DIC.
Got to clear it everytime I start the truck. :rolleyes:
To bad you cant turn it off completely. :(
They didnt want to bother changing the setpoints?? Maybe you should talk to another dealer :poke[1]: All it takes is them plugging in their computer and resetting the pressures, should only take a few minutes? Clearing the message definitely gets old quick.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
They didnt want to bother changing the setpoints?? Maybe you should talk to another dealer :poke[1]: All it takes is them plugging in their computer and resetting the pressures, should only take a few minutes? Clearing the message definitely gets old quick.
It doesnt matter. Dont have the sensors anymore anyways. They never worked right. I had 3 replaced due to them not working/not reading the psi. Clearing the DIC message is very, very annoying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts