Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
My very first post on this site so bear with me. I have a 2011 2500HD. I am running a 7.5" lift with 37 " tires. The new tires (NITTO Terra Grapplers - Lt355/65R18) are a 50 PSI tire and the tires that were originally on the truck were, I believe 65 PSI tires. My question is the in dash monitor keeps saying pressure low, add air. Can the set point be changed to alert at say 45psi or am I going to have to live with this alert using these tires?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
did you have the TPMS sensors put in your new wheels? If you can find a dealer willing to, or someone with a TECH II they can adjust the setting lower, not sure if it will let them go that low though...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Is there any way to shut the system off completely? It's annoying when I change my tires every six months.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
yeah go to the dealer and have them change the set point. had mine set to 50 and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Is there any way to shut the system off completely? It's annoying when I change my tires every six months.
not that I'm aware of. some people have stated they put all the sensors in a pvc or metal tube and pressurize it to what ever the set point is and throw it under the back seat but I don't see that working as they need to spin to "wake up" per say.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You very much for the info.. I will call the dealership today.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I called 5 dealerships today. 2 of them said it cant be done, It is set from the factory.
1 never called me back and the other 2 said yes it can be done but they were not sure how low you can go for a setting. They both said that it is $95. to hook it up and change it. I set up an appointment so I will know next week.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, Here is my update...
I went to the dealership today about resetting the tpms.
I was told $95.00 to hook it up and make the change. When I pulled the truck into the service dept. one of the service writers came over to greet me and I told him that I needed the alert psi lowered because the new tires run 50 psi. He went over and grabbed a machine like a laptop and pushed a few buttons and set it to 45 psi. He unhooked it and said its done. No charge and took about 10 minutes from the time I arrived.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts