Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some judicious use of the google search, I think I understand the theory of traction bars and I sure the hell understand the need for them with a 12 inch lift, built tranny and Kory Willis EFI live tunes! It seems that the further the axle mounting point is from where the axle attaches to the spring pack the more effective they will be.

What I need is advice for my 2001 CCLB. I don't have the time to track down material and fab this stuff. Time is money and I'd rather buy them.

Open to feedback here but I think my requirements are:

*Must be effective (good geometry and adjustable)

*Heim joints on each end to preserve as much ride quality as possible

*Ability to function well with my 12 inch lift and versatile enough to work when/if I lower it to 6 inch without having to replace. I am not running blocks, I am running aftermarket leaf springs.

*Nice to have the ability to have them ordered in red powdercoat.

* Other ideas and thoughts???

Pictures and personal experience are very much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Mine are custom made one off, but the reason I chose to get such massive trac bars is because I don't like how the single bars seem so flimsy. I've also seen single bars bend. My brackets are welded and I can't go up or down with the lift at all so these probably wouldn't work for you. Just giving you an idea :thumb. A lot of people don't like how they look but man do they do one hell of a job!!!

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
look into longhorn fab shop, they build their own, decent price and they have gotten good reviews, i know quite a few guys on here are running them and ive bought a pair myself. talk to manfred about powder coating them

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D219, those things are massive. Very nicely done and they look at home on a truck that probably sees a few passes down the 1/4. Thanks for sharing.

LBZPower, Longhorn fab shop seem to fit the bill as they have heim joints on both ends. Any thoughts on running the same bars for 6 or 12 inch lift?

Thanks both for sharing your thoughts.

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
they good thing is is that that they are fully adjustable. Everyone ive talked to that has them says they are real quiet too. In so far as 12" lift i couldnt tell ya but i know alot of people run on the 6" lift with no issues. Id imagine it all has to do with where you mount them

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they good thing is is that that they are fully adjustable. Everyone ive talked to that has them says they are real quiet too. In so far as 12" lift i couldnt tell ya but i know alot of people run on the 6" lift with no issues. Id imagine it all has to do with where you mount them
I'll call them today to talk it over with them.

BTW thanks for your service. Stay safe and remember incoming rounds have the right of way.

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
My Pleasure! haha thats very true! how did things go with Longhorn?

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Manfred took care of me including custom powder coat to match the front suspension in Victory red. 2weeks eta. Happy to document an install if someone wants a step by step on what appears to be a simple install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts