Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what kind of traction bars everyone is using. what length do i need to get? im guessing it depends on the wheelbase. mine is a shortbed extend cab. any help would be great.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I have the cognito economy bars and love them 60". They would work good for you also

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
279 Posts
Depends on what your goals are for the truck.

If you are just looking to cut down on the axle wrap under hard acceleration then the cognitos or something similar should work fine. *Assuming you're not making STUPID big power*

If you are gonna be hard on em (like I am) and take the truck to the drag strip and beat on em on the street, or do some sled pulling . . . You might take a look at the Merchant Automotive kit, and I believe All Season has one out there as well. I personally have a kit from Jess @ Husker Diesel on my truck and have been pretty rough on em and they have held up fine.

The only draw back about the set up that I have is the front hanger brackets stick down below the frame a ways (5 or 6") and since my truck is lowered quite a bit from the factory ride height they are getting pretty close to the ground. But since your truck is lifted that wouldnt be a problem for you.

·
Hang it!...Fire!
4,244 Posts
anybody know what length i would need for an ext cab long bed?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sub

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im hopeing to get somewhere in the 650 700 hp range soon. the truck will be going to the strip but i have no plans on sledpullin. im going to check out the merchant ones.

·
Banned
477 Posts
I love my Caltracs because they arent so long and kinda hidden. They work well and are adjustable with a wrench as to how tight or loose you want them.

If you want long bars these seem to be pretty sweet. I put them on a few buddies trucks and they liked them. Full bolt on with no welding.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I love my Caltracs because they arent so long and kinda hidden. They work well and are adjustable with a wrench as to how tight or loose you want them.

If you want long bars these seem to be pretty sweet. I put them on a few buddies trucks and they liked them. Full bolt on with no welding.

What bars are in the pictures? I like the way they look.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I think those might be the pro-comp bolt on traction bars. But im not sure im sure newly could set you up with some of them. They look damn nice!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Well ask a vendor on here if they can get them first readrulez
If they cant get them then im sure newly can

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think those might be the pro-comp bolt on traction bars. But im not sure im sure newly could set you up with some of them. They look damn nice!
DING DING DING, we have a winner! Just looked at the pro comps and they appear to be them.:drink

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
What!!!! I got something right??? Damn i feel like i should go play the lottery tonight! Cool glad i could help

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is there a DIY on what it takes to build your own bars or does someone have a parts list.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
i built mine out of 2in 1/4 " wall pipe and two 1" top links cut in half. built my brackets and welded everything on. they are 65" super easy to build if you have the tools to do it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts