Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
to reduce axel wrap so when you burn out you bed wont hop around

·
Registered
29 Posts
Reduce the bed hop? That's it?? I have a 2WD and i get crappy traction and i was looking at some traction bars but i guess they won't help much

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Axle wrap is what causes your bed to hop.
Look into cal tracs.

The long bars probably won't help you gain traction in the essence of what you're looking for.

Take this with a grain of salt cause this is only what I've gathered in researching each.

The long bars will stop axle wrap, but in the sense of adding traction to a light rear end, I dont believe they will because they take away all of the give in the suspension allowing you to gain some traction and lock your axles/tires in place forcing all the torque to the tires. My idea is they're more beneficial in 4wd applications.

Now the cal tracs allow for minimal wrap before coming active, depending on how you set them also. Many people report that because of how they function, the harder the axle tries to wrap the more down force they apply to the rear wheels due to their design.

Personally I'm going to go with long bars because I like the look and during boosted launches I have 4wd. If I was in your situation personally I would run cal tracs.

Just my opinion based on lots of searching.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you for the advice! I will do some more research on the cal tracs and hopefully find something that helps me get off the line quicker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts