Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there was any upgrades to my suspension so that I could spool up before launching. If i power brake at all i spin through 1st. I would either like to be able to launch in 4wd or make my back end hook up better.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Gotta do 4x4 launch. It would take way to much messing around to try and make it hook in 2x4. I would recomend a set of spring clamps for the rear, tierod sleeves and at least cognito braces for the front and lowering the torsion bars is a must also!

·
3,162 Posts
never mind i see you have a lift now, dont do any hard 4x4 launches and get a straight centerlink and tierod sleeves for even light 4x4 launches!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
there are traction bars out there, but your best bet is to launch in 4wd. You will need tierod sleeves though so they don't snap like twigs. What tires (brand) are you using...I know that makes a difference too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have cooper all terrains.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
where do you guys buy your centerlink and tierod sleeves?
PPE The whole kit is available here. You can also get them from Kennedydiesel.com (tierod sleeves). Super diesel performance is the guy that designed them, but if you go to their site, it redirects you to PPE's site.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i have the ones from crank it up diesel and they work awesome for a awesome price..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will the centerlink mess up everyday driving?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
nope you don't even know they are there allthough it did cut my turning radius down a little..

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can launch in 2wd without much spin. Though the last set of tires I had would do nothing but spin...even without throttling up with my foot on the brake! I had Michelin's before, but now I am running the Good Year Silent Armor and couldn't be more happy with the tires.

·
3,162 Posts
Will the centerlink mess up everyday driving?
Whend doing slow hard turns, it will feel like its in 4x4 almost, and on the right road surface you will hear the front tires howl a bit as they slide a bit. with the center link you can align the truck for driving straight but as you turn the wheels further each way it becomes out of alignment and want to drag one of the tires a bit. It nothing much to worry about for the added security it gives the front end!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts