Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin at buying a new open car hauler in either Western Pa or Eastern Ohio...

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy one? Lookin for a 16-18ft with 2ft dove tail, solid steel deck, electric brakes on both axles, 10,000 or 7,000 pounds.

My buddy got a decent 7,000 pound for $2,200 in western Ohio a year ago. I looked a a few "basic" 7,000 for $2,600?! I think thats a little steep!

Thanks for yer imput :fart

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
talk to Bennet Trailers Sales in Greenford OH or better know as TRAILERPROPOP(Dale)..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check out Appalachian Trailer Sales. Their plant is in Ohio and they have a lot in Manheim, PA. A trailer like you're looking for is around $1,900 from them. I wouldn't recommend their trailers if you plan on using them hard every day. But, they are a quality built trailer for someone who just needs to use it on and off.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya... I called around and they seemed to have the best price. When I called appalacian they quoted me a price of $2100 for a 10,000 pound and $1900 for a 7000.

So, I headed out there Wednsday morning to check out them and a place that a buddy of mine bought a trailer called McLaughlin truck caps an accesories. I passed Appalacian and went to McLaughlin first. There trailers were nice and good quality. My buddy and I got a price and headed down to. Appalacian. We got there and started looking around and saw a whole bunch of trailers sitting halph rusted in bare metal we thought they were deffects then we started looking and they were the finished trailers waiting for paint :eek: So we went and looked at the finished trailers and you could tell the surface was crappy and pre rusted. We went inside and got a price anyway. My buddy was standing there talking to the girl and I was looking throught there waiting room. In a box on there desk there was a set of stake pockets with welds on the ends but NOT connected to the trailer. Now you know that the same guy who builds the trailer welds the pockets on. :cookoo So then I got a price quote. For my 10,000 18+2 dove trailer was previously $2100 was now $2900 :confused: So we left.

We got lunch then went back to McLaughlin and started looking at the few they had on stock. I looked around and they had one that was about 90% what I wanted. It was a 7000 pound 16+2 dove with a solid steal deck for $2400 with a couple goodies. So I ended up picking up that one instead of waiting. My buddy ordered a 18ft 8000 flat with wood deck and fold up ramps for $2550. Both pretty happy. Cant wait to pick his up in a few weeks. :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts