Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I have to do to make my 12v lights work inside my trailer when its hooked up to my truck?

·
Registered
897 Posts
There is a loose ring connector between the underhood fuse box and the fender that needs to be connected to the stud in the front of fusebox. There is a thread on the forum that is more specific.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the thread in Towing and Hauling or is it in a different room

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try turning on your lights in the truck then see if your 12 volt interior trailer lights come on, some trailer manufactures are doing this to prevent dead batteries when you leave your 12v trailer light on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is the thread in Towing and Hauling or is it in a different room
I am having the same kind of issue and would appreciate finding it. I seem to have had it before-now it's not working, and the owners manual on my '05 doesn't seem very helpful on finding the right fuse or relay. I used to have them trough auxiliary (black) in 7 way plug but no more.

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts
For your '05, you just need to pull the fake red plastic fuse at "Stud #1" (located at the front right corner of the underhood fuse panel) and replace it with a green 40a fuse. There’s nothing more to hook up, it’s live at the rear.

On the later NBS trucks, they started leaving the feed wire unattached and bundled near the master cylinder/inner fender area (somewhat confusing, since the brake controller feed is bundled there also). That too needs to attach to "Stud #1" and verify that the fuse is in place. The brake controller feed needs to go to "Stud #2", if needed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For your '05, you just need to pull the fake red plastic fuse at "Stud #1" (located at the front right corner of the underhood fuse panel) and replace it with a green 40a fuse. There’s nothing more to hook up, it’s live at the rear.

On the later NBS trucks, they started leaving the feed wire unattached and bundled near the master cylinder/inner fender area (somewhat confusing, since the brake controller feed is bundled there also). That too needs to attach to "Stud #1" and verify that the fuse is in place. The brake controller feed needs to go to "Stud #2", if needed.

THANK YOU!!!!
Upon further inspection with my aged eyes and a flashlight, I see that 40 amp is blown.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts