Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please keep an eye out for my trailer. Rat bastards stole it at 3am last Thursday from Morrow Georgia.

It's a 2010 Pace American 24' Pursuit. Long tongue, aluminum rims, (2)6000# axles, extra 6" in height, insulated walls, 110V power, Metal interior walls and laminate floors with diamond plate ramp.

The "D" rings are stainless swivel 6000#. You will notice these are larger than most normally seen. Inside was a full set of MAC's PRO tiedowns in the color blue. Just glad I didn’t have one of the cars in there.

Right below the license plate it has chrome lettering that says TOYAHAULER. They may peel the letters off, but they could think it’s a factory label and keep it on.

Just glad I didn’t have one of the cars in there.

Do not bother buying the Reese tongue lock..... it doesn’t work.

The trailer was only a few months old. Here’s a couple pictures.

· Premium Member
67 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Will ins cover it? We were broken into july 7 08 and cleaned out the garage. Most stuff was covered but atvs were not. Caught the guys 6months later and we are still dealing with them in court now. Good luck

· Registered
8,634 Posts
man i hate to hear that.. that's a real pisser. crime like that just makes me sick. boss man had his trailer stolen and his new one he's got a military style hitch (pintle) not this one obviously, this is crap but you get the idea

and the receiver

What he does now is drop some big chain down the ring and wrap it and intertwine it through the ring and finishes off with a massive padlock. they aren't getting that trailer easy..
hope it is returned to you or get a lot of insurance $$. we've been having a lot of petty thefts around here lately, dang economy.
I'll keep an eye out, there's a lot of stolen trafficking going through my neck of the woods to alabama.

· Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, got insurance, but no telling what I'll get for it. They told me we had to wait 30 days before payment. They wouldn't say how much.

Getting sick of this type of stuff! World is going to crap.... fast! We get hit at least once on every construction project. My subcontractors and I got hit 2 times on this job. Plus my personal trailer.:mad:

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Sorry to hear that....Theft is getting worse all around, I have had a few friends that have had atv's stolen and no insurance. I have everything I own insured to the max just to make myself feel better if nothing else.

· Registered
1,310 Posts
But on the reese lock, I tried one and it is like cast aluminum. I think one good hammer blow and it would be defeated. Mine now is the set from Master...Stainless coupler lock and handle lock.

· Registered
431 Posts
sorry man.. makes me not trust my reese lock so much.. it does feel flimsy...

its alluminum or something cus it feels so light...

· Premium Member
2,373 Posts
The world is going to shit. I see old beat up trucks driving around my neighborhood all the time, making the same slow rounds. I note their pattern and then call the local PD. They are usually on them pretty fast and I've seen more than one bust. I'm not trying to stereotype, but the majority are Latin American around here. I think what they do is go to sub out on job sites and then make mental notes of the neighborhood and what they think is opportune. I've been tempted on more than one occasion to just walk outside with my AK and kind of mean mug them, but they would probably see that as, "Hey, a stash of assault rifles! Let's rob his ass later on!"

Sorry about your trailer. I certainly hope justice is swift for those bastards.

· Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Security cameras show 2 black guys in what appeared to be a pre- 1999 green or brown Suburban. flippa
Excellent. Kind of hard to hide a trailer that big and shiny. I have a real good feeling you'll find something out very soon. One of their stupid buddies will recommend they put it on Craigslist or Ebay. BIG mistake.

· Registered
1,137 Posts
Ya ebay or craigslist, well keep our eyes open. Good luck with finding it!

· Rara Avis
446 Posts

· Banned
24,781 Posts
Damn you got some balls to steal that. Its sorta hard to hide/ repaint a trailer to. Wow. :eek:

· NewEST Spinny Thinggg
5,036 Posts
most of the time people around hear just pull the metal and copper off it and trash the rest...I've seen a full fiberglass semi cab cut into 1'-1' sections and dumped into a creek...like stated above trailers like that are hard to hide/paint

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.