Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get a train horn for my truck and I was doing some research on them and cant really decide what I want. Go the cheaper route and get smallest or spend the money and get the big shibang. Anyone have one that can give me there opinion on it?:coolphoto

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think the big ones sound way better you get that low sound to it where the smaller ones are higher. They are a more expensive kit but i priced it out for doing all of it myself instead of buying the kit and i can do it cheaper that way. The reason I did this though is because making my air tank run my airbags and an air line and all the stuff not just for the air horns. Check your local truck shop they may have tanks laying around for really cheap!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok good advice I appreciate it...gonna go check some local truck shops tomorrow...

·
Registered
338 Posts
ya i agree the real ones sound way better but do you really want to spend 1500 on just the horns. i got mine for 220 and there DAM loud

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah see I can see myself spending 220 but there is no way im spending 1500 on those damn things...I think im gonna buy some soon so I can scare people that piss me off on the road haha cant wait

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Grover 24 inch Emergency Vehicle Horns........Will Blow Your Ears Off.

Same ones on the fire trucks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im kinda trying to get the train sound though i dont want to sound like a emergenchy vehicle cause im pretty sure thats a pretty nice fine...not the train horn isnt lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump..........

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
I'd just go with a big rig horn, its perfectly legal.. and LOUD as hell.. fire truck horn will get you in A LOT of trouble..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah thats what I figured...you think the train horn is illigal?

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
its not that the horn itself is illegal, its the sound that it makes which is illegal, you'll get a noise pollution ticket or even "stunting" or some other ticket

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm i guess i need to be carefull when i hit that bad boy lol do you know if it has a seperate button for it or does it rig to stalk horn with the steering wheel?

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
depends on how you wire it up, Im going to have mine on a different switch, just a pressure switch or something, I want my regular horn just for letting people know im at their house.. the loud one for letting people know theyre jackasses.

·
Registered
425 Posts
hornblasters.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
get the kleinn.com 501 setup

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
well since we're on the topic does anyone know if anyone makes a big rig horn kit, I dont want a train horn.. haha

·
Registered
42 Posts
Go for the big ones< those are loud< they will get your point across

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
i say if you want the real deal, the ones that are put on actual trains, the ones you could here 5 miles away..go here...Train Air Horns

1 - 20 of 30 Posts