Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"ve seen this done and this is how iI want mine set up. I just can't figure out how to make it happen!

ideally I want to have it so my train horn work with my factory steering wheel horn. i want to install a switch to switch back and forth from regular horn to train horns. i am guessing a simple 3 way on-off-on switch will do the trick there. i just need to know what wire i am tapping into for the factory horn! I just cant seem to find that data. so I am hoping someone here has done it, or can tell me what wire ti use!

thank you!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
train horns

Well I figured it out myself, and did it quite nice! I think it is even a better set up than most do!

I set it up to the factory horn. I did a 3 way switch mounted on the dash. This way one position is factory horn. The other is train horns only. Both work from the factory horn on the steering wheel. I just like that they work independently, I know a lot of people run them to go off at the same time, and I didn't want that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i did mine with a single switch on the dash to turn the compressor on, with a small signal wire to a relay by one of the electric horns. when i turn on my compressor it switches the relay from normally closed which runs the electric horn to open to run the solenoid for the air horn, all through the steering wheel with only one switch

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is all on one switch too... Very simple, up is train horns, down is factory horn. One of my favorite mods! Like handing a chins a loaded gun! Blasting people all over!

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A child... Not chins!

·
Registered
192 Posts
One of you guys should do a write up about this! I like the idea of only 1 switch but I don't know much about relays or how they work. Parts list?

·
Registered
169 Posts
x2 parts list and a right up would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Ok this is dumb question but I will ask anyway:

Is anyone having issues with law enforcement when then install the loud horns?

·
Registered
351 Posts
x3 i agree with the write up!

·
Registered
351 Posts
cody, when did you get stationed in korea?
november. -_- i cant wait to go back home, off to lewis next. lol Was in hood for a while.!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok this is dumb question but I will ask anyway:

Is anyone having issues with law enforcement when then install the loud horns?
As long as your not going crazy they really dont seem to care. There is a few that do have somthing to prove and love writing tickets. It all depends on the cop tho.

·
Registered
229 Posts
subd for write up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts