Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have LLY and went to pass a car on the freeway, hear a pop and truck will not shift anymore, pop came from the the bottom of the truck and shifted funny... Check engine light and the truck will not shift! Could not back into the drive way! I am guessing the tranny is blown, damn it!

So, if this is the case how much does it run to do an upgrade? I don't want to go crazy I really am not planning to do anymore mods just get the trucks tranny upgraded to prevent future issues!!

Anny help, information and adivce is apprciated!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Mexico

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
He is in Albuquerque. This may sound dumb, but did you check the shift cable? I doubt that would make a poping sound, but ya never know. I broke one once on my old burb, its just plastic on the end of it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is in Albuquerque. This may sound dumb, but did you check the shift cable? I doubt that would make a poping sound, but ya never know. I broke one once on my old burb, its just plastic on the end of it.
I have not tried the shift cable but I am willing to try anything at this point! It was pretty much stuck in one gear so maybe! I hope so!

·
Bobo
684 Posts
Turn the truck on and off 5 times letting it sit for 30 seconds between ignition cycles. It's probably in limp mode and that should reset it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turn the truck on and off 5 times letting it sit for 30 seconds between ignition cycles. It's probably in limp mode and that should reset it.
Thanks DieselX-Bob I guess it was in Limp mode... Bummer, I hear thats not good! I need to look into rebuilding it anyway. Any suggestions on who and what kind of kit would be great, oh and price! Thanks again! :drink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts