Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a letter in the mail a couple days ago stating that chevy was going to fix my tranny coolant lines if they were leaking. This is obviously a common problem and when I called the dealer they said it wasn't a recall of sorts and was just a "kinda bonus program". Basically my vehicle qualified bc is was within 10 years of service and under 150,xxxmi.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What years does this letter cover?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't say what years it covered. However I had a time at the dealership. I have a mbrp 4in exhaust which bc it sits closer to the lines coming out of the tranny the freaking licensed/certified diesel mechanic couldn't get the lines out of the transmission and told me he was going to have to drop the whole exhaust. Needless to say I was throughly pissed and told him stop what your doing and I'll be there in 30min. Basically had to show him how to get them out and still wanted to charge me 3 hrs labor. Argued with him for 20 min and listened to bullsh** reasons vomiting from their mouths about my aftermarket exhausT. Long story short an hr my cost for labor

·
Registered
349 Posts
Your truck is an 08 I presume? I got the same letter today

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes mine is an 08

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Wish I'd get one but it has 200k now

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Yours isn't an '08 anyway.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Got mine, just called for an appointment. Shit, saved me a headache cause I was just looking at changing them out

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Does gm change all 3 lines?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Why is it only 08's when in reality every freaking year almost had issues

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They fixed all transmission coolant lines. But as I stated, if you have an aftermarket exhaust you may have a problem with the dealership complaining.

·
Registered
78 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts