Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have an 06 with the LLY, 6 speed auto. it came with an intake on it, since then i added a bully dog triple dog, which was fine, slight trans slippage on extreme setting, added a silvermax 4" exhaust, and now, the trans slips soooo bad on the extreme setting, i cant even use it. what trans mods would you do to correct this? converter? valve body?

·
Registered
310 Posts
if youre trans is slipping baddly now no amount of bolt on parts is going to fix this. are there any codes for slippage if internal recomend either a new tranny or rebuild if converter would try a converter. ppe has a pretty resonable clutches and converter package that i was looking into for my vehicle when mine goes south Transmission : Pacific Performance Engineering, Diesel Performance Technolgies

·
Registered
484 Posts
The clutches are burnt in your trans, bolt on parts will not rectify the situation.

Back off the tuner and live with it until you can afford the installation of aftermarket components.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
anytime you add more then 90hp over stock you'll run into this problem and i noticed it will do it quicker with some tuners then others..save for a Stage III Suncoast with the 1056 TC..

·
Registered
855 Posts
Diddo on what everybody else said, I have already put my truck into limp mode 3 or 4 times in 45000 miles and now i am just saving up to get a full on upgrade, but can't decide between suncoast and ATS, oh well still got to at least next March!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
Diddo on what everybody else said, I have already put my truck into limp mode 3 or 4 times in 45000 miles and now i am just saving up to get a full on upgrade, but can't decide between suncoast and ATS, oh well still got to at least next March!!
need i say more...

·
Registered
855 Posts
okay,okay SUNCOAST is better:), I was reading the other day about the ATS copilot and it sounded like it made the whole upgraded tranny package really work. Does suncoast have something like that or do you think I really even need it. Is the upgraded tranny enough?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have yet to throw a tranny code. it did it twice pretty bad, so i let out, and turned the programmer down. so it sounds like a problem which cant be fixed by bolt ons. need a built tranny, well that wux, oh well, back to putting around

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
okay,okay SUNCOAST is better:), I was reading the other day about the ATS copilot and it sounded like it made the whole upgraded tranny package really work. Does suncoast have something like that or do you think I really even need it. Is the upgraded tranny enough?
yep SC has a tranny monitor and a controller..

·
Registered
855 Posts
Do you think its worth the extra cost or is the tranny alone enough to get by with?

·
Registered
484 Posts
As far as I know the monitior is still in testing for the Allsion.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
we did a Stage V w/t 1057 TC from Sun Coast on our 05 dually witch is our pulling truck and we never had any tranny controller but i think it would be a really nice feture to have..

·
Registered
132 Posts
either suncoast or ats is good, but i think you'll spend less money in the long run if you get a built trans w/ a warranty as many top guys have found out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
wow after looking at suncoasts site im sold since i started in this diesel stuff i was always looking at hi performance trannys dreaming about that 8000 dollar ats tranny etc. not 3500 dollars for a fully built stage five tranny thats less than what you would pay at a gm dealer for a rebuilt unit.planing on saveing my tax return for the trans so i can start to modify other stuff:rolleyes:

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
hey dmax500 if your doing a built tranny then you want to invest into these guys so when you do the 4X4 sports(slep pulling and racing)you are prepared Crankitupdiesel.com the best $360 you'll spend..

·
Registered
484 Posts
IIRC, Suncoast doesn't include the cost of a converter in their trans prices. IIRC a suncoast converter is around $1,500

·
Registered
310 Posts
hey dmax500 if your doing a built tranny then you want to invest into these guys so when you do the 4X4 sports(slep pulling and racing)you are prepared Crankitupdiesel.com the best $360 you'll spend..
already ahead of you on that one last year got stuck in clay and had to power out of it and my borther noticed my trucks front tires toeing in and out researched the issue and have allready installed the kit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts