Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving down the road the other day and my transmission light came on in the truck. so i got the codes pulled this morning at advanced auto here they are.

P0700-transmission control system malfunction indicator lamp

P0735-gear 5 incorrect ratio

im not very truck smart but got a couple of buddies who are ford diesel techs but they can't help me really here. so any info on this or what i should do and how long i can ride it out would help out a lot. thanks!!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
congratulations, you've officially limped your transmission... start saving for a new one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
man your just the bringer of bad news. lol

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Now now don't scare him! I have lumped mine once about 4 months ago... you have to know your trannies limits I can tell how much to get on mine without limping it now! And always turn it down or be easy passing cars! I turn my dsp down to 2 any time I pass a car or want to get on it in 5th just be easy on her she's weak!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok then ill drop my tune down basically to just a little more over stock until i get the money for the a new tranny. an ya I've had bad news all day, did u see my other thread about the other codes that were thrown regarding my wheel sensor and glow plug?

·
Registered
263 Posts
i wonder if it was just the tq that started to slip or the clucthes trying to go to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts