Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,063 Posts
Another Update: My problem with the tranny temp indication is still there. That was a load of money wasted on that sensor. Oh well. Time to buy an after market gauge.

I did manage to get my CEL to reset. I just pulled the negative terminals off the batteries for a few minutes.
First thing you want to do is check cooler lines at the cooler. When the trans gets hot, reach inside the grill and touch both lines and see if they are hot. They better be. Usually hot temps arise from a bad converter.

· Registered
3,063 Posts
I have tried several different techniques to fix my tranny temp problem, including changing the sensor unit, openening the gauge cluster, and having the transmission shop run a flow test, and eveything seems to indicate a faulty temp indicator.

I priced oem replacement gauges, and it was too expensive for just one bad gauge, so I opted for an aftermarket trans temp gauge. I figured while I was at it I would also get a pyrometer. I have yet to install either, but hopefully I can put this whole trans temp problem behind me...

Next stop is a new programmer!

Thanks to all who helped.
Have you checked trans temps with a Tech 2? Have you changed the spin on filter? What kind of flow test was done and what specs was that compared to? Sounds like you're just throwing money at the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.