Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I step on the gas a little bit when going onto a highway I limp my tranny and have to pull over turn it off for about 10 seconds and then its good to go again. It's pretty annoying since I cant seem to floor it to 70 mph. 2005 LLY mods are LBZ Mp, bully dog gt on performance tune, 5' straight pipe, and a cai.
Thanks,
Brett

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
hate to be the bearer of bad news but its tranny time for you my friend , its gonna continue to do it till you build it

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
x2...sounds like ur tranny is pretty much shot. Look on the bright side, you can get ya SC IV.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
yup there is no fix except to put in a tranny kit

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so will it get worse if i dont floor it? dont really have 2300 to spend on parts right now.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Take it off performance tune and keep your foot out of it or it will get worse.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
your best bet would be to ditch the dog, and run a stock tune and see how she runs then... start saving because once the damage is done, there is no turning back.

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
yep he is right ^^^^ better go back to stock real soon

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
The DMax forum fixed mine for me. Mine was doing the same exact thing until I got on here and complained about it. I have been driving the hell out of it every since then and it hasn't limped again. Blew the head gasket but it didn't limp anymore yet. Just drive the crap out of it, if it breaks then you have a reason to get a built one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i wouldnt drive the crap out of it, i would baby it until you can afford to build it

·
Registered
110 Posts
imo i dont think that your tranny is bad........ it sounds like your truck is throwing the p1093 code (low fuel rail pressure during fuel enrichment). does it come out of it if you let off the fuel and let it shift out? my truck personally does this same thing but it wont let it go over 70mpg or 2k rpm. go have it diagnosed. good luck...

·
Registered
110 Posts
the reason it becomes better when you pull over and shut it off, is because shuttin you truck down clears the code temperarely. untill you get on it again... imo...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imo i dont think that your tranny is bad........ it sounds like your truck is throwing the p1093 code (low fuel rail pressure during fuel enrichment). does it come out of it if you let off the fuel and let it shift out? my truck personally does this same thing but it wont let it go over 70mpg or 2k rpm. go have it diagnosed. good luck...
Don't think this code shows up on my tuner. Ill check it on my way back to work. What do you mean by "does it come otu of it if you let off the fuel and let it shift out?".

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hm it does have that code on my tuner when i diagnose it, but it says unknown code. So whats the problem and how is it fixed?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
ill second that sounds like it might be a low rail pressure limp. Or do you feel it slip the tranny? This has been said a million times on this forum but when is the last time you changed your fuel filter:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
well mine started otu doin the same thing. and that started in january,it is still doin this. now i am not sayin that yours is goin to be as stuburn as mine bc lots of ppl have just changed thier fuel filter or the fprv (fuel pressure relieve valve). first and formost try those and see what happens, they are cheap. but me i have replaced the filter,fprv,injection pump,three injectors,fuel rail pressure sensor, and a coulple more things but i cant remember what they were. the diff between me and you is my truck will not restart after i shut it off without ether.

·
Registered
566 Posts
well mine started otu doin the same thing. and that started in january,it is still doin this. now i am not sayin that yours is goin to be as stuburn as mine bc lots of ppl have just changed thier fuel filter or the fprv (fuel pressure relieve valve). first and formost try those and see what happens, they are cheap. but me i have replaced the filter,fprv,injection pump,three injectors,fuel rail pressure sensor, and a coulple more things but i cant remember what they were. the diff between me and you is my truck will not restart after i shut it off without ether.
Watch out for that either. Its bad shiit.

·
Registered
581 Posts
mine does the same thing shoots up P1093 then if i let off it down shifts like its goin down hill in tow mode. BUT it only does it with the AC on, i had it off and i gunned it for an hour straight and couldnt get it to come back up but once i turned the AC back on it did it the first try. so i dunno what it is im stumped

1 - 20 of 20 Posts