Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my first silverado (06 LBZ) a month ago and it came with a classic case of leaking tranny cooler lines where the line is crimped.

Did some research and picked up a set of fleece lines. I've been working on replacing them today and I read somewhere that it's important to do one radiator piece at a time which I was very careful to do. I did the top one first. However while removing the fitting on the lower point of the radiator I had about two tablespoons of coolant drain out and then stopped of its own accord.

From what I can piece together so far the cooler in the radiator is free floating more or less and has o-rings where the transmission lines come in and if it drops because you took both lines out then you're screwed.

However I'm not sure if I have a problem because I followed the instructions and I don't think it dropped but I did have that little bit of coolant and I'm not sure how bad that is. I certainly don't want to start it up and have my coolant and ATF mixing. But as I'm so new to this I don't know how this thing fits together

Any insight would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
2,360 Posts
I dont think that your coolant will get into ATF since the threads and oring on The fitting will take care of that. If it does leak it will be external.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts