Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Have some tranny questions. I have an '06 LBZ. Noticed my tranny cooler lines leaking so Im gonna chage them..While Im at it im goona change my tranny fluid.. 1st how many quarts does it take? I read in the maunal 25? Does anybody know the model of tranny that come in the GM (automatic)? I know Allision suggests a certain type of synthetic oil but from what I could tell it would be about $600 bucks for 25 quarts..Is that right? Oh ya my truck has 30k miles.. Thanks!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :drink

Im honestly not 100% sure how mutch fluid it holds. That sounds like a awful lot. IIRC that might be the total amount of fluid. You wont get all the out of the trans with the torque converter and trans cooler using fluid.

But. my truck had the cooler lines go with 25k. Is your truck still under the 3 year warranty? While your changing the fluid remember to replace the internal filter and might want to put a transgojr shift kit in if you have any modifications. Im doing that to my truck soon and puting in stock fluid :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! No its not still under warranty..Even if it was I prob wouldnt take it to them..Im just going to have some made up..I dont have any mods but I plan on it. Should I still put the transgojr? Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kool...Looks like I might have to save a lil money b4 I start this project..Anybody know if I can keep the fluid toped off with Valvoline ATF DEXRON VI synthetic just to buy me some time(dont want it to get too low)? Also any good places online to get a Transgo?
Thanks again!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.