Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting a new tranny in my truck and deciding what i am going to do, I have a buddy who is a gm tech that has built about 15 allys now and he said he will put the kit in if i buy the beer, so now I am torn i really want the ATS torque converter but i am not sure on what kit to buy wiether i should get a suncoast or a ppe or something else anyone got any imput

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Why do you want the ATS?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Hell no to the ats... from experience they are not worth the money. Drivability sucks with them poor lock up... list goes on. Suncoast converters are good to but ml precision converters are by far the best. Many people will agree with this. I say get the gmax and ml precision converter. Give meyer performance a call. Tyler can hook you up and with great prices

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
I don't mind my Suncoast Converter, but I think I would do ML next time, and gmax kit is nice, just don't try doing a burn out to 5th gear on robs crazy tunes...

Apparently they don't like it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reason i was thinking ats is because they have 5 year 500,000 mile warrenty because i put alot of miles on my trucks i am trying to get a million miles out of this one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts