Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most hp you can throw at a 6spd alli, if you have done some up grades to it. TqCrvrter, vlv bdy, possible shift kit. Thanks

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Tq converter ,transgo JR Kit,will hold low 400's IIRC. Mike L will know for sure!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i've been runnin an extra 100hp on my 06 LBZ and the tranny seems to hold up real well..

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trans

Thanks for the replies. The extra hp is that factory 360hp plus what ever bolt on to equal the low 400s. Or is an additional 100 or so hp? I ask this because I want to get as much hp and tq I can with out doing a trans swap. I have already done a mbrp 5'' turbo back(soon to be straight pipe). Diablo predator set at 85hp/170tq. I have not dynoed my truck, but assuming current hp is around 460, and tq about 820. Is it possible with 6spd alli to get into 600hp, 1000tq if doing some mods to the trans?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i paid to much,but it was alot less then most trannys i have seen..i say this,it is awesome to have a built tranny,shifts smooth and yet is very firm..

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
There is no set rule on how much extra hp you can hold with these mods. I would think low 400s IF the C3s were not damaged previously. Remember the C3 gets beat up even more in the 6 speed than it did with the 5 speed Alli.

·
Registered
93 Posts
:tease That's why i replaced mine! In my opinion, it's all about how your using or going to use the truck. If your just going to tool around town, you might be fine. If you plan on pounding the crap out of the truck, upgrade the trans. No matter how much power you think you have or might have later. I plan on keeping my truck for well over 200k, i didn't want to have to open it up later, because i fed it too much power now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts