Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the transgo shift kit be buying? How much more hp would my tranny hold?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
On an 05 and earlier Truck it is not worth it. 06 and later it is. The 05 and earlier uses a full transgo shift kit which means you have to remove the whole transmission to install where as with the 06 and newer you install the transgo jr. The transgo jr can be installed with the tranny in. If you are going to drop the tranny you might as well go ahead and do a full build on it! JMOP. But yes the Transgo will let you hold up to say........ 120hp extra hp over stock safely.

Jon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just dont want to spend alot

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Well your only going to hold an additional 20 or 30hp than what you can now safely. Your going to spend 600-800 to have the trans removed and re-installed plus 300 for the kit. so anywhere from 900 total to 1100 total for 20hp. Crazy to me. But do as you wish. If you do it urself you should be aware it is going to take you about 7 or 8 hours to remove the trans if you haven;t pulled alot of allison transmissions before. It is a JOB!!!

Jon

·
Registered
107 Posts
how much is a tranny upgrade???? $3,000. ?????? if it is higher than that, and you can pull your own tranny, the transgo is worth it (for me at least) im going to probably be running around the 90 hp mark and the added saftey is peace of mind for me, only puts me out 2 days work and $300, still is alot cheaper than $3,000

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
No my friend i have $4,900 into my transmission! LoL...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Subscribing...this thread has all the thoughts i had about my tranny which will soon be upgraded or something..
What exactly does a full tranny rebuild consist of?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts