Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good Allison 1000 guy in OK...it's time for a rebuild? Don't think I want to try it myself cuz it's been into a Transmission.:help

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ditto on this- I think my tune and right foot may force a tranny build sooner than I wanted. Anybody know of anything within 200 miles of Oklahoma City?

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Yeah right, if you find someone worth two shits let me know. I doubt you will though.

I'm in OKC too man. What does your rig look like?

I'm on my phone so it's hard to see avatars.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
You can drive up to Omaha and know that the job will be done right the first time :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
I heard there is a shop over in Tulsa installing PPE trans parts. Thats all I know though.

·
I STILL DGAF
9,061 Posts
Well the guy that owns Big bear diesel is in Tulsa and his buddy put his stage v in for him but they wouldn't even talk to me about a build. No clue if it's the same shop or not. Either way I still haven't heard of a legit shop besides Smokin Okies and they specialize in Cummins iirc.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well the guy that owns Big bear diesel is in Tulsa and his buddy put his stage v in for him but they wouldn't even talk to me about a build. No clue if it's the same shop or not. Either way I still haven't heard of a legit shop besides Smokin Okies and they specialize in Cummins iirc.
I talked to a guy in KS that was going down to Tulsa to get a Allison done in his d-max. These was several months back. No names were given.

There is a in near (north of) Wichita that is going to do mine. He said he has done 60-70 Allison performance builds and worked on over 600 Allison's in medium duty applications. Pm me if you want more info.

·
Registered
85 Posts
"I hear they got some of that internet out Californy-way." ~ South Park, anyone?
Too bad there aren't more options close by. Hopefully I can hold off on it for a while, or do it myself someday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey BurnVictim nice ride looks just like mine but I have to ask if your Hancook 305's rub? Doesn't look like yo uhave the UCA leveling kit so I assume you just have the T-bars up all the way? And BTW us OKC guys need to talk shop and have a few beers...that includes you Duraskank. No one else I know drives a DMAX so it would be nice to know you guys. Use to turn wrenchs for a living so I'm quite handy when a buddy is in need. Plus maybe we can both get our Trans work done same place.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I stopped by smokin okies a few weeks ago, theyve grown a lot and do a lot of work on all diesels now. They gave me a pretty good quote on a ppe stg5

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like that's three of us needing a Trans build around here...what kind of quote they give ya on the PPE V? and with or without R&R?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey BurnVictim nice ride looks just like mine but I have to ask if your Hancook 305's rub? Doesn't look like yo uhave the UCA leveling kit so I assume you just have the T-bars up all the way? And BTW us OKC guys need to talk shop and have a few beers...that includes you Duraskank. No one else I know drives a DMAX so it would be nice to know you guys. Use to turn wrenchs for a living so I'm quite handy when a buddy is in need. Plus maybe we can both get our Trans work done same place.
Thanks! The previous owner put the 305s on right before he sold it, and he had trimmed a bit of the plastic off the trim under the bumper that I assume was rubbing. There is no leveling kit or suspension modification that I am aware of and the only rub I have is when applying full right rudder and it is just keeping the rust off a bit of a tiny bit of metal down there. No big deal.

Ditto on the get together- I'm trying to soak all I can on these awesome trucks. You missed out- I just did the waterpump this weekend!!! ARRGHH. After I get things smoothed out a bit more I may want to make a run down to the thunder valley dragstrip and see what the ole truck can muster. Who's in?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ppe V and TC, parts and install they said $4k. They've built a few of them and seemed pretty knowledgeable

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks! The previous owner put the 305s on right before he sold it, and he had trimmed a bit of the plastic off the trim under the bumper that I assume was rubbing. There is no leveling kit or suspension modification that I am aware of and the only rub I have is when applying full right rudder and it is just keeping the rust off a bit of a tiny bit of metal down there. No big deal.

Ditto on the get together- I'm trying to soak all I can on these awesome trucks. You missed out- I just did the waterpump this weekend!!! ARRGHH. After I get things smoothed out a bit more I may want to make a run down to the thunder valley dragstrip and see what the ole truck can muster. Who's in?
Count me in, im out there regularly when the weathers nice. Theres also gonna be a dyno day put on in hennessey sometime in march

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm up foot a few flatfoot passes down there...I'm in. Hell it may force me to go get that Trans done...tuff to justify to the wife when it still gets me to and fro work lol.

4k sounds good to me...may have check without the R&R and do that ourselves? I've read good stuff here and there on the PPE. Did they tell you what Torque and HP it's rated for?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW Burn I bet that's a rough ride without supension work...tried that myself for a while.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got lucky Burn and got my waterpump done under warranty at 105k.

What's say we all shoot for getting together in Jan cuz I'm sure most of you are busy with holiday stuff right now as I am on the weekends...plus I'm im in hot pursuit this season of the biggest buck I've ever seen which equls me in the woods every chance I get. That is unless you guys are up for a weeknight gathering?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh and I'll be giving hand fishin lessons next year if any interested?? that's when the beer drinking comes in for sure lol

1 - 20 of 95 Posts