Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in upper east TN are Sw Virginia recommend a Trans builder? I may bite the bullet and drive to Baltimore and just let the guru do it idk. Hopefully someone has some recommendations.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
Mike L in Inglewood, CA. He will rebuild yours or ship one then you can return yours for the core credit.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I've been looking into this pretty heavily lately since i plan on doing this next. I am in Ga and thought about making the drive up north cause there isn't anyone near me that builds a reputable trans within 8-10 hours that I can find. I take that back Suncoast is just under 8 but they are higher than giraffe ass.

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
I've been looking into this pretty heavily lately since i plan on doing this next. I am in Ga and thought about making the drive up north cause there isn't anyone near me that builds a reputable trans within 8-10 hours that I can find. I take that back Suncoast is just under 8 but they are higher than giraffe ass.
In the case of the Allison transmission you usually get what you pay for.............IMHO, do yoru self a favor, choose a Quality, Reliable Allison transmission shop..........you will pay more, but it will last much better.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
George at big dipper is in baltimore Maryland
Ethan wiles at wiles performance in Woodstock va
Evan is at limitless diesel in mass
Caleb at blackout performance is in pa
Dustin at diesel addiction is in NC

Those are the guys on the east coast I trust to build one.

Any of the big name shops will ship you a transmission also.

Reactions: Noble_dmax

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
In the case of the Allison transmission you usually get what you pay for.............IMHO, do yoru self a favor, choose a Quality, Reliable Allison transmission shop..........you will pay more, but it will last much better.
I completely agree with you but when multiple shops that are highly reputable are fairly cheaper I wouldnt mind saving some pennies when i can.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I can be to Baltimore in 8 hrs. I travel with my job heavily from the oil fields in TX to Canada and I just don’t have the time. And in my woods there is no one I would trust to even bolt out and bolt in. But I am going to do my twins myself come winter. I guess I better get a tune before it is to late I hope the guys don’t cut us off that done went to the dark side!

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Bite the BIG bullet and drive to Mike in CA. It's a good time to go to Disneyland.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts