Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought the Allison tranny was supposed to be bulletproof...i know two people who have had issues, 1 completely burned up, the other had a horrendous 1-2 gear shift. Local trans shop says they see more Allison problems than the Ford Torqueshifts. Who knows. Hopefully they'll work the bugs out soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No tranny is bulletproof. In stock form, the allison is pretty close to bulletproof. When you start adding power to a tranny it is a tall order. I bet almost all the problems that your tranny shop has seen was on vehicles that had programmers on them running at least 85 hp or more. You got to look at it this way...a LLY has about 310 hp....lbz has 360. You add 100 hp to it and you add nearly 200 lb/ft of torque....something has to give. You wonder why your local tranny shop sees those guys and not the dealer? If it was truely a problem with the tranny, guys would be going to the dealer and not a tranny shop in most cases.
I guess it's like anything else OB...A few people have a problem and right away the whole product is "junk" while the guy next door has the same vehicle for 200k trouble-free miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.