Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to the forum, great information on here.

I just bought a 2005 Duramax recently. I am going to change the tranny fluid with Transynd but cannot get allison spin on filters locally. I can get NAPA or WIX tranny filters. Are these OK, or should I order allison filters online?
Thanks.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have heard that the Allison filter is the best, and since they are so cheap online, I would go with a genuine Allison filter.

·
Registered
389 Posts
X2 on the filter magnet. Did mine the other day and was missing it. Dam dealership

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
i'd stick with an OEM Allison filter. i wouldnt skimp on a filter for a transmission that costs as much as it does.

get ahold of any of the vendors on here and get a price.

i get a bundle of filters from Mad Jack racing.

its all the filters you need for your duramax for ALOT cheaper than you can get them for at the part store shipped to your door.

Dane is great and easy to work with

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, going to order some allison filters.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The vendors on here can hook you up! Most are 2 day shipping.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are right Tow Master.
They do but want 60 bucks for them. Just can't see giving them my money! Just order some online!
Thanks to all!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
i would order the allison online, spend like 60$ get 4 of them and get the magnet for like 5$ just in case you need

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
^x2. I got all the filters including Ally spin-ons and a spare magnet just in case, from Madjack. They're inexpensive, rebuilds aren't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts