Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Trans Filter Question

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  06CCDMAX 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the forum, great information on here.

I just bought a 2005 Duramax recently. I am going to change the tranny fluid with Transynd but cannot get allison spin on filters locally. I can get NAPA or WIX tranny filters. Are these OK, or should I order allison filters online?
Thanks.

#2 ·
Welcome to DF. There isn't anything wrong with the WIX or Nap filters since WIX makes the Napa. I sell a lot of WIX filters here. Be sure to get the magnet off the old one when you do swap them out.

If I can ever be of assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

#3 ·
I have heard that the Allison filter is the best, and since they are so cheap online, I would go with a genuine Allison filter.

#5 ·
i'd stick with an OEM Allison filter. i wouldnt skimp on a filter for a transmission that costs as much as it does.

get ahold of any of the vendors on here and get a price.

i get a bundle of filters from Mad Jack racing.

its all the filters you need for your duramax for ALOT cheaper than you can get them for at the part store shipped to your door.

Dane is great and easy to work with

#6 ·
Thanks for the info, going to order some allison filters.

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum

#10 ·
Thats strange my GM dealer sells them.. But, Ya I have used NAPA filters for that before. :cool:

#11 ·
You are right Tow Master.
They do but want 60 bucks for them. Just can't see giving them my money! Just order some online!
Thanks to all!

#12 ·
i would order the allison online, spend like 60$ get 4 of them and get the magnet for like 5$ just in case you need

#13 ·
^x2. I got all the filters including Ally spin-ons and a spare magnet just in case, from Madjack. They're inexpensive, rebuilds aren't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.