Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My trans seems to be heating up quicker than it has in the past it gets to about 160 in a 10 mile trip mostly highway. I know it is not too hot but it hasnt gotten warm that quick until this morning. I had it parked in the back yard and there are a few leaves behind the front bumper below the cooler stack. Where is the trans cooler and could this be the cause of my problems. Also can you guys with LMMs out there give me an idea of what temps you guys are seeing on a 65-70 degree day on a 10 mile trip. Thanks in advance for the help guys it is greatly apprieciated.

Premium Member
100* over ambient temp is normal.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I was parked in the backyard over the weekend and it was a little windy and leaves are everywhere i looked in the bumper and there were a couple in there but not completely blocking it off. i dont know if there are enough to cause this. I tried reaching in there to get them out but cant. Any suggestions? I am going on a 300mile trip up north to upstate new york and dont want to deal with overheating on the long trip. thanks for the input.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Yea there is a huge oak tree in my backyard and the leaves are falling like crazy. I am from Reading, PA. Maybe ill try to blow the leaves out with compressed are and maybe the whole stack while im at it. thank for the help bud.

Registered
On a short trip as you described my trans temp is around 140 - 145.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
That's about what I was used to. I sprayed the cooler thus morning and drive to work and saw 138 which is back to normal again. So I guess the few leaves were causing this. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts